What is Black Friday? What is so good about Black Friday? It is touted as the biggest shopping day of the year with great prices never to be repeated….but is it???? Personally I think it’s a fluke, a waste of time and money, and in some instances loss of innocent lives and for what? A few measly dollars off an item that has become a white elephant, or a sore eye in an overstock store and they are trying hard to get rid off it. Puhleeez!!!! 10%,20%,30% off an item is a dang joke. Give me a 50%-80% mark down and then we can deal.
So here is a tip on “Black Friday” or “Give me your money stupid consumers Friday”, do your homework. Be smart and not grabby. Exercise patience (even if you lose that sale, trust me you will see it again), do your homework, legwork, research, know what you are getting for the price you are paying.
I have never shopped on ‘Black Friday”…well no, thats not completely true. I have, but that was because I worked at Macy’s during college and I was schedule for work that day and had the good fortune of being on the inside….hmmmm!!!! you say…well let’s just say that anything I didn’t say cannot be used against me in the court of law….. LOL!!
So here is a few reasons why I never shop on Black Friday.
- Not willing to stand in a minus 20 degree weather (or even 85 degree weather) to fight over an item that marked down $2.003. Long Lines…. NOT HAPPENING
4. People trying to wiggle their way in front me and act all oblivious like I am invisible. This is one of my biggest pet peeve and will throw a hissy fit because your time is no more precious than mine.
Some things are worth waiting for and believe it or not, the prices goes even further south after Christmas, especially in January. If it is something that you had your eye on and the prices seem reasonable and afforable by all means go for it, but if its not, then there is no harm in waiting…..again this is just my opinion. So whatever you do, do it tastefully. Please be mindful and respectful of other shoppers and have a Safe, Frugal and Blessed Black Friday!
Till we meet again!
- Garfield- bing.net
- Woman standing in the cold-wwwdelivery.superstock.com
- Long line- stevoblog.com
- screaming simpsons-http://msp266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/spyro448/BartLisaScream.gif
- I’m not talking to you – http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=not+talking+to+you#focal=644ee904e7252a80fb672c2b6e2222cb&furl=http://i.pbase.com/o6/71/720771/1/71821411.oLqe8lvW.Imnottalkingtoyou.jpg